Hallow Parish Council
Welcome to the Hallow Parish Council Website
The Parish of Hallow is situated around three miles north of the centre of Worcester.
Hallow has approximately 1200 electors and the Parish Council has eleven seats. Currently there are four vacancies. The Parish Council meets generally on the second Monday of each month – often at Hallow School and occasionally at the Parish Hall.
Hallow has a lively social and sporting scene with Hallow Village Community Group staging events and social activities for all age groups during most of the year. Many such activities take place on Hallow Playing Field and the Village Green – both of which are owned and maintained by the Parish Council. The Parish Council also maintains the Old Church Yard and the area beyond the Playing Field known as Holly Bank where equipment is provided for children and young people too large to use the play facilities next to the Parish Hall.
Local events, groups and activities can be found on the Hallow Community Group website, please take a look at all Hallow has to offer.
The Annual Parish Council Meeting and the Annual Parish Meeting scheduled for April 20th and 28th respectively have been postponed.
New dates will be advised as soon as possible.
If you would like to become a Parish Councillor, please contact the Clerk or the Chairman.
Subscribe to our email list to receive regular updates from the Parish Council
The earliest records of the village’s existence date to 816 A.D. during the reign of Coenwulf of Mercia when Hallow belonged to Worcester Cathedral. By the middle of the 11th century the ownership had changed to Worcester Priory and it is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 that Hallow had two mills. In the 1970s flint
axe heads were found in the village which indicates human presence from the Paleolithic period.
The village is the birthplace of Lord Nuffield (Founder of the Austin Morris car manufacturer) and the diplomat and historian Stewart Perowne. During the 1680s Hallow was the home of William Careless who helped Charles II by hiding him in the oak tree.
Hallow has an active History Group, a thriving Scouts Group and W.I., a well-supported church community and many footpaths with which to take in the splendour of the views of the surrounding countryside with the Malvern Hills visible to the South West and Woodbury Hill to the North West.
Interested in learning more about Hallow's history? Take a look at the Hallow History Group website.
The village is bounded on its East side by the River Severn and its profile is that of a ridge along which the A442 runs and which roughly follows the river towards Holt Heath.
The village boast a Conservation Area status for the area around The Green and has several notable Listed buildings, among which is Hallow School – founded in 1712 A.D.
Have Your Say!
The land behind Hallow Scout Hut
Hallow Parish Councilors are currently discussing how Residents may wish the money that will be forthcoming from recent house building should be spent.
They have it in mind to investigate the possibility of developing the land behind the Scout Hut into a nature reserve (or similar) by planting trees, landscaping the field itself and perhaps adding a pond and wild flowers etc. in order to produce a pleasant area to walk, or just sit and enjoy.
If would like to help with investigating this idea further, or, indeed, if you have another idea about how this money should be spent in the village, you are invited to contact Parish Council Chairman Paul Hayes on 7710 378243 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details for all Parish Councilors can be found on the Parish Notice Board in Moseley Road.
Visit the Parish Council’s new website at: https://www.hallowpc.co.uk
DEVELOPER FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR PROJECTS IN HALLOW
Hallow Parish Council wants to hear ideas from residents with proposals for suitable projects. This will enable the funds secured from housing development projects in the village, which are held by Malvern Hills DC, or Hallow Parish Council, to be utilised for the benefit of the village of Hallow.