Hallow Playing Field Committee
The land which is now known as Hallow Playing Field was donated to the Residents of Hallow by a local clothing millionaire Joseph Banks in 1931.
He also contributed a large amount to the building fund for Hallow Parish Hall. He entrusted it’s management to
Hallow Parish Council and ensured that it is protected from development.
Since then the field has been used for village fetes, gymkhanas and a variety of other fun activities.
The field is in regular use for cricket matches in the summer – being the home ground of Hallow Taverners Cricket Club.
During the football season the field is used for matches and practice most weekends.
Regular car boot sales are held here – usually on the Bank Holidays throughout the year and the largest event is
Hallow Country Fair which usually takes place at the end of the Spring Half Term.